Welcome to LAWCDP
Conveniently serving the communities of Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Westwood, Brentwood, Century City, Pacific Palisades, Culver City, Palms, Venice, Playa Del Rey, Marina Del Rey.
We are a group of highly experienced and respectful family law attorneys, financial specialists and mental health professionals in Los Angeles. We have chosen Collaborative Practice and Mediation as the better way to guide families through the difficult process of divorce. Each of us has extensive, advanced training in Collaborative Divorce and Mediation, as well as years of experience in our separate disciplines.
Choosing the way you divorce — Your most important decision
You may not be able to avoid the end of your marriage, but you can avoid the stress and cost of going to Court and the damage to your family. Mediation and collaborative practice can keep you out of court if you are both ready, willing, and able to do so. We can help you work through the process to determine child support, alimony, custody and visitation, business valuations, and property division. You can get through the divorce and get on with your lives. Picking the professionals who help you plan your future is the first and probably the most important decision you will make!
What is Collaborative Divorce?
You will each sign an agreement with your own Collaborative Attorney to settle all issues out of court. The team may include a Financial Expert to help you organize, understand information, and make good decisions. Mental health professionals may work as Coaches to help manage emotional stress and to communicate better. A Child Specialist may help you with a parenting plan for your children. Collaborative Divorce helps you protect your legal rights while finding solutions that benefit you & your children.
Benefits of Mediation and Collaborative Divorce
- Explore creative solutions for living arrangements, finances and parenting
- Plan your financial future by understanding your needs and your resources
- Make plans to meet your children’s needs after separation and learn to communicate as co-parents
- Put your children first, not in the middle, so they are not damaged by your divorce
- Get help managing emotional turmoil so you use sound judgement
- Control legal fees – there is no incentive for attorneys to go to expensive Court hearings
- Have privacy & dignity in meetings where you make the decisions
Ready to find a Collaborative Divorce Professional? Click the button below.